Friday, November 30, 2007

Sydney, here I come!!!


So, earlier this year, after the mammoth effort of getting my succesful exhibition underway, I am wondering where my art is heading... should I change direction... try somthing new... and I did for awhile... playing around with machinima and cartoon videos ... and then the offer came out of the blue to do an exhibition in a new art gallery PromenArt in Balmain in Sydney.

So after being incredibly slack with production of my ceramic ladies it was suddenly all go. Had I any creativity left? Had I anything to say? Well I was engaged on a forum looking at postformal thinking - vision plus logic, dealing with contradictions through dialectics - and this seemed to permeate my brain.... possible titles kept forming.... and then...

The significant and sometimes contradictory moments of Darlene Winterspoon...

So I sat down and wondered about different contradictions we have.... how we deal with them... and came up with a number of ideas.... and then I was in the studio creating 6 new pieces.... whoosh....

And then all sorts of things started speaking to me - even a magazine entitled Ethical Investor - the piece is called Material Girl can now buy Carbon Offsets - and yes you can imagine her in her Gucci shoes and flamboyant earings holding a delux shopping bag - perhaps called poocci?

My friends need to now watch out because anything now is fair game for creating a piece!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home